City of David National Park












 Since there was still time, I spontaneously picked City of David National Park to visit. The City of David water tunnels tour is interesting. The tour lasts around 2 hours and starts with a description of the City of David. It culminates in a 25 minute walk through the water channel cut to bring fresh water into Jerusalem from a nearby spring. Sandals and a torch are required, but I had neither. The water is ankle deep for most of the tour, but some section up to knee high. I was lucky to follow a German mother and daughter who had a headlamp, and I just took off my socks to walk in my trail runner. I was pretty exhausted after the wet tunnel walk, yet I took the wrong way and got into the dry tunnel to get back to the visitor center. However, when taking my lunch break, I realized that I missed the Shiloah Pool. I asked the staff the way to go down on the road instead of the tunnel, but then was told the Pool dried out a few years back. What a drag! I then had to walk uphill back to the visitor center then back to my hostel with wet boots.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Israel – Palestine - Cyprus - Kenya – Tanzania – Malawi – Zambia – Zimbabwe – Botswana – Namibia - South Africa

Bagamoyo

Arusha II