APARTHEID TO FREEDOM walking tour &























Two Korean roommates left for 6 am flights and left me their shares of breakfast, so I made one order of pancake and two orders of burrito, and saved some for lunch. I had time to watch YouTube before the 11 am APARTHEID TO FREEDOM walking tour.  This tour guide talked about the history of apartheid in Cape Town, apartheid laws and their consequences, when walking by landmarks like St George’s Cathedral and Desmond Tutu, The Cape High Court, the “apartheid benches”, the District Six and the spot where Mandela made his first speech as a free man. Yet he repeated some of the Historical City Tour content. 

After a lunch break, I walked to Victoria and Alfred Waterfront, a huge shopping and entertainment area at the slopes of Table Mountain, next to the harbour.  The V&A has a rich and varied history that dates to 1654. I walked around to discover its 22 landmarks, such as Aquarium, the Marine Museum, the clock tower, etc. I was very lucky to visit there with 2-hr sunny window to see beautiful views and rainbows. 

I had dinner then packed for my 8-day Garden Route trip since tomorrow morning using a 8-day Baz Bus pass that shuttle me hostel to hostel. I left my big duffle bag at the hostel, and will take only my orange backpack.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Israel – Palestine - Cyprus - Kenya – Tanzania – Malawi – Zambia – Zimbabwe – Botswana – Namibia - South Africa

Bagamoyo

Arusha II