Mossel Bay Garden Route, South Africa




















L I started Garden Route today which is in the Western Cape and one of South Africa's main tourist attractions stretching from Mossel Bay to St Francis along the Indian ocean and also includes parts of the inland.

I was picked up 6:30 am by Buz Bus, with my to-go breakfast by the hostel. Since I was the only passenger from Cape Town to mossel bay today, I arrived 3 hr earlier than the scheduled time. Luckily, the person to be picked up from mossel bay was ready by 11 am and he picked up for his next destination. I therefore requested Buz Bus to call me tomorrow at my SA phone number if the driver is early. 

Mossel Bay is a small harbour town situated on the Garden Route in the Western Cape Province of South Africa. A favourite coastal and holiday destination. I immediately dropped my bags and started exploring the town. I stopped by Checker supermarket to see what they have then around town for sightseeing spots, such as the churches and Cape St. Blaize Lighthouse. Since the hostel told me it was too windy to hike St. Blaize Hiking Trail today, so I only walked as far as the handrails, a little pass the Cape St Blaize Caves (home to one of South Africa’s oldest archaeological excavations). It was sunny yet cold and windy, so I finished up early. St. Blaize Hiking Trail is a beautiful coastal hike starting in the town. I saw some of its dramatic sea views, a few cute little dassies (but no whale and dolphin).

I didn’t know most supermarkets and stores close 2 pm on Sunday, yet I found a small supermarket to get a Twizza (local coke tasted better than coke cola) and a 200-ml bottle of AMARULA (made from marula fruit that African elephants walking  miles to feast on them). I like AMARULA for its mild flavor and less sweet than Barley’s Irish Cream. I also like the zero-sugar-added dark chocolate by Chocwell. I will get more as gifts to bring back home. 

Tonight I will sleep in a stationary train room of Santos Express. I will tell you more tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Israel – Palestine - Cyprus - Kenya – Tanzania – Malawi – Zambia – Zimbabwe – Botswana – Namibia - South Africa

Bagamoyo

Arusha II