Wilderness on Garden route

















 It was cold to sleep in the stationary train room of Santos Express, so I put on all clothes I had. It was colder to walk from my room to the shared toilet, so I drank less to avoid going in the night. 

After a big breakfast at the hostel, I walked to one of the most popular things in Mossel Bay:,visiting the Post Office Tree. Early Portuguese explorers used this ancient milkwood tree as a post office. It is located on the grounds of the Bartholomeu Dias Museum Complex on Market Street.

I walked 2.6 miles to the golf course in order to access the St. Blaize Hiking Trail from another entry point. Unfortunately, the path was now in a gated private development, so I gave up then walked back to the the hostel. As the wind picked up and rain started again, I just waited in the hostel for Buz Bus pick up. I was picked up at Mossel Bay ( Saneto Express) 12:00 (1.5-hr early), since there was only one passenger from Cape Town to Knysna. We stopped by George for a 20-min lunch break, then came was dropped at Wildnerness Beach house at 1:30 pm. 

Fortunately, the rain stopped so I got some sun when waking on the beach. Mossel Bay is a historic harbour town in South Africa known for its white sand beaches, and named for the delicious mussels that populate its coastline. Because of the cold, I was the only person walked in the beach.

Then I hiked 7-mile round trip to the Map of Africa that has Panoramic views over peaks & a river valley shaped like Africa, with paraglider launch spots nearby.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Israel – Palestine - Cyprus - Kenya – Tanzania – Malawi – Zambia – Zimbabwe – Botswana – Namibia - South Africa

Bagamoyo

Arusha II