Robberg Hiking Trail near Plettenberg Bay













 I met my friend 6:20 am to taxi-pool to the Robberg Nature and Marine Reserve which is a 4 km long peninsula south east of Plett, and due to the location of it on the South African coast, it acts as a speed bump to the sea life that migrates up and down the coast. 

The Robberg Hiking Trail is probably one of the most popular and well known trails in the area and also one of the most scenic. We took the 9-km hike to the Point  and saw a huge Cape Fur seal colony at the foot of the peninsula in the bay, but no whales or penguins today. The path to The Point climbs the steep rocky slope which has a sheer drop from the path. Even though the seals were located down by the water, at least 50 meters below us, the smell was strong. 

It was a hard hike for me due to rock scrambling and climbing up the steep, rocky faces of the cliffs, yet I made in in 4.5 hours. The path to The Point climbs the steep rocky slope which has a sheer drop from the path.

The taxi driver told us about the taxi strike started 8/4 until 8/9, so I contacted Baz Bus as soon as I got back to town. Fortunately, it impacts only the commuters taxis, but not Baz Bus or Uber. I then tried a take-out place Freddy in town, its fish and chip has great value (40 Rand or $2.15) for a big piece of hake and lots French fries. 









I stayed in Storms River, a small village in the Eastern Cape of South Africa. It functions as the gateway to the Tsitsikamma National Park. I booked a far-out hostel from StormsRivier by mistake, so I brought 2-day of food with me for my stay there. After checked in, I walked to the near-by StormsRivier bridge to take some photos. The Storms River Bridge is a deck arch bridge over the Storms River in the Eastern Cape of South Africa.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Israel – Palestine - Cyprus - Kenya – Tanzania – Malawi – Zambia – Zimbabwe – Botswana – Namibia - South Africa

Bagamoyo

Arusha II